Biddenden Vineyards, Kent’s oldest family-owned 22 acre vineyard, based just outside the historic village of Biddenden, in Kent, is celebrating its multiple win for its Biddenden Ortega 2008, by offering two of the highly prized bottles to two lucky winners, together with a two pairs of tickets to attend Biddenden Vineyards VIP reception to celebrate 40 successful years in the business on Tuesday 15 September. The reception will commence at 6pm with a sunset tour of the beautiful vineyards and you will then be entertained at the vineyards with a hearty Kentish BBQ buffet and free flowing Biddenden wines, ciders and apple juices.
The Biddeden Ortega 2008 proved to be the star of the show in the recent ‘English & Welsh Wine of the Year Competition’. The still white full fruit medium wine won the trophy for the ‘Best Wine of the Previous Vintage’ and the ‘Best Large Production Unchaptalised Still Wine’ and a Gold Medal. The Biddenden Gribble Bridge Ortega Dry 2008 (a still and drier white) also won a Gold Medal and the still rosé – Biddenden Gribble Bridge Rosé 2008 – was awarded a Bronze Medal.
Managing director, Julian Barnes says the award winning Biddenden Ortega 2008 full fruit, medium white wine is particularly perfect for the hot weather we are all enjoying and is ideally served slightly chilled as a refreshing summer aperitif or with a cool accompaniment to pasta, chicken, summer salads or cheese. The 2007 vintage is available immediately online on www.biddendenvineyards.com and the 2008 is expected to be available on general release from the Autumn.
To win a pair of tickets to this exclusive event on 15 September, as well as a bottle of the award winning Biddeden Ortega 2008, just enter your details below:
Visitors can also book free tours and tastings or special, paid for bespoke tours and full hospitality packages at the vineyard, simply visit the web-site.
[form 14 "Biddenden"]
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged in whole or part for cash
- This prize is open to UK residents only
- The prize is a bottle of Ortega Biddenden 2008 and a pair of tickets to the VIP 40th celebration
- Biddenden Vineyards will not be responsible for travel costs to Biddenden Vineyards in Kent. Winners need to make their own travel arrangements to and from Biddenden
- Closing date for entries is Friday 31 August 09
- Winners will be informed by phone and will need to supply their mailing address for the tickets and wine to be delivered